Saturday, May 31, 2014

Film Review: X-Men: Days of Future Past

The Kitty Tails: A Cat's Blog



Film Review: X-Men: Days of Future Past

So, my human went out to the cinema, which gave me time to further develop my plans for the Feline Revolution.

When he returned, I decided to use my telepathetic powers to read his mind... even though I normally couldn't care any less, however, due to recent events I thought it'd be prudent that I learn what he's seen and study his thought process...

Into the mind of my human:

I've always enjoyed Marvel Comics, though not a diehard comic book reader, I've seen all of the films.  I was ... meh, entertained by most of them.

Today, it was X-Men: Days of Future Past.

The film hosted an ensemble of cast members dating back to the first X-Men film.  There were plenty of references to the previous films as well as a good foreshadowing of what's to come.

I won't go into the details of the plot, as I didn't with Godzilla.  No spoilers, you're welcome.

However, I do have to say that the film was very well made and very story driven.  It explained a lot, the plot was catching and ... OK, so I may be a touch too tired to be writing this review so let's get to the point.

Overall: It's a good film, great story, decent action (although I personally felt the action was too short and not enough) and it leaves for an open and reboot of the X-Men series.

Which is the next thing I'd like to point out: As genius as it is to have a film where one or two characters travel 'back in time', I feel it's becoming done more and more often.

Off the top of my head: Star Trek... in order to reboot the series and erase decades of canon, (goodbye Tuvok, you're never going to be born) the creators decided to have Spock go back in time and start things up.

X-Men: Days of Future Past, follows that formula.  But I guess you can figure that out via the title.

So, I hope to see some more fantastic X-Men films soon to come and not crappy ones like... a few that I won't point out.

Back to the Cat:

Meow, my human's head is boring.  However, there is one person I'm interested in learning more about.

He went to see this, Kitty Pryde, who is she and why was she mentioned in his head?  Could this be a fellow feline?  Hmm... I'll have to research this more.

Well, enjoy today's weather (if you're up in the Pacific Northwest), as I am.  I force minded my human to let me out onto my Royal Balcony.  Last day of May!


But until then, my paw pals... Until the Revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment