Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 22

Kitty Tails: A Cat’s Blog

Day 22 –

It’s been twenty two days since they sent me to this glass prison, but to be honest I’d rather be here than have that little rat of a human child carry me around in one arm while licking her Popsicle in the other.
     The humans say I’m five years old, but I calculate my age to be 39.  I’m very mature and too good for anyone.  I mean, I’m pushing 40 for goodness sake!
     I was hoping to become the leader of the feline revolution and take over this world to rule with my iron paws, but now that I have a prison sentence under my whiskers I doubt there’s a pod or pride out there willing to follow me now.  Exactly how long I’ll be in this box I will not know.  But what I do know is that the humans must be doing this as some form of humiliation as there are humans of all shapes and sizes coming and going.  Some stand there and stare at me while others dare to open up the glass gate and get a closer look at me.
     I know if I fight, swipe, nip or bite, I’ll get the maximum punishment, so I tolerate them as much as possible.  But, there are times when a human just gets too close to my face with theirs and all I want to do is just rearrange it.  A little claw surgery never harmed anyone.  In fact, sometimes it improved their looks.  Then there are times when I just stare them down and hope I intimidate them enough that they won’t want anything to do with me.
     At least the food and facilities are decent enough and the company isn’t half bad either.  There’s Spot, whose cell is across from mine.  He’s a joy from time to time.  Sometimes I hear Blacktail next to me sing his songs about the great big house he once lived in.  Then there’s Stripes, a cat from the streets who once lived a glorious life of freedom, away from the greasy hands of the humans.  I so envied his past.

     Well, time for this prison pound to close and I guess I’ll just have to sit here and endure yet another night of being prisoner 0-4-6-5-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment