Saturday, June 16, 2012

Write!


Hello readers.

So I've been neglectful to my one or two followers, and I apologize, but work and life has kept me busy.

Today, I don't have a particular topic I'd like to blog about, so I'm just going to blog about… blogging.

I've always had an interest in blogging, well writing in general actually.  There's something just something about writing words and a good feeling afterwards whenever someone reads your words, especially if you've managed to paint a picture.  Some call it therapeutic, others call it fun, hobby, and a few call it work.  Me, I'd like to think of it as all of the above.

I write because I like to write, making people happy, sad, think, and money is just a bonus on the side.  Writing is something I've always had a passion for, and even though I've never been a Stephen King, John Grisham, or Suzanne Collins at it, it's something I would never stop doing.

I have a belief that everyone should take up writing, particularly for creative purposes.  It doesn't matter if you're good at it or not, just get your thoughts, images, and ideas out there and let people interpret it.  Hopefully, they'll have interpreted your words the same way you were thinking when you wrote it.

Sometimes the author just wanted the damn curtains to be blue.  No special meaning behind it.  No emotions.  No back story to uncover.  The damn curtains are just blue.

But then again sometimes there are feelings and emotions behind the adjective.

The stark ocean never harkened to the drowning man's cries.

Bleak, I know. 

So as this short blog goes, go out there and write!  Don't forget to read my story as it develops on my other page.  I know only chapter 1 has been up there forever, but chapter 2 will be coming soon.

So until then, happy reading, be safe, eat fruit, and remember: Never pet a burning dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment